Dates: Thursday, July 28, August 25 and September 22, 2016 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., rain or shine
Location: East Lawn of the Michigan State Capitol Building – Capitol Avenue at Michigan Avenue Lansing, MI 48933
- Capital Area Transportation Authority, All markets
- Lansing State Journal, All markets
- Physicians Health Plan, July & August Markets
- Blue Care Network, September Market
- Food Bank Council of Michigan, September Market
- Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses, September Market
- Lambert, Edwards & Associates, September Market
- Michigan Fitness Foundation, September Market
- Michigan Restaurant Association, August Market
- Sparrow, September Market
- MSU Federal Credit Union, July & September Markets
- Greenstone Farm Credit Services, All markets
- Michigan Farm Bureau, All markets
- Michigan State University Center for Regional Food Systems, All markets
- Michigan Department of Environmental Quality, August Market
- Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, July Market
- Michigan Department of Natural Resources, September Market
- Michigan Restaurant Association, September Market
The mission of the Farmers Markets at the Capitol is to provide a thriving marketplace that showcases Michigan food and agricultural products in an effort to educate our state decision makers on the importance of supporting farmers, ag-based businesses and farmers markets.
About Farmers Markets at the Capitol
Annually, the Michigan Farmers Market Association (MIFMA) hosts one or more farmers markets on the east lawn of the Capitol Building in Lansing.
Vendors travel from all over the state of Michigan to attend the Farmers Market at the Capitol. Their products vary from artisan cheeses to eggs, meat, pasta and sauces, baked goods, apples, cider, donuts, pies, mixes, rubs, jams, fish, chocolates and caramels, soaps, vegetables, fruit, honey, beeswax products, popcorn, maple syrup, dog treats and cut flowers.
The markets accept SNAP Bridge Cards, WIC Project FRESH, Senior Project FRESH/Market FRESH and Double Up Food Bucks.
Vendor applications were open to members of the Michigan Farmers Market Association (MIFMA) from April 1, 2016 to May 1, 2016. Vendor applications are now closed. Please contact MIFMA at 517-432-3381 if you have any questions about participating in the market(s).
Parking Downtown: Public parking is available downtown Lansing in parking structures and along streets at parking meters. Parking structures are located at the corners of Washtenaw and Townsend, Kalamazoo and Capitol, Ottawa and Grand and Shiawasee and Capitol.
Public transportation is available in the Lansing area from the Capitol Area Transportation Authority (CATA). Visit www.cata.org for route maps and bus station locations.