Date: Thursday, September 21, 2017, from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., rain or shine
Location: East Lawn of the Michigan State Capitol Building – Capitol Avenue at Michigan Avenue Lansing, MI 48933
September 21 Farmers Market at the Capitol:
Cooking Demonstrations – near the Capitol steps
Time: 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
sponsored by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
Find more information through the Facebook Event – click here
The mission of the Farmers Markets at the Capitol is to provide a thriving marketplace that showcases Michigan food and agricultural products in an effort to educate our state decision makers on the importance of supporting farmers, ag-based businesses, and farmers markets.
About Farmers Markets at the Capitol
Annually, the Michigan Farmers Market Association (MIFMA) hosts one or more farmers markets on the east lawn of the Capitol Building in Lansing.
Vendors travel from all over the state of Michigan to attend the Farmers Market at the Capitol. Their products vary from artisan cheeses to eggs, meat, pasta and sauces, baked goods, apples, cider, donuts, pies, mixes, rubs, jams, fish, chocolates and caramels, soap, vegetables, fruit, honey, beeswax products, popcorn, maple syrup, dog treats and cut flowers.
The markets accept SNAP Bridge Cards, Double Up Food Bucks, WIC Project FRESH, Senior Project FRESH/Market FRESH and Hoophouses for Health.
- Capital Area Transportation Authority, all markets
- Lansing State Journal, all markets
- Blue Cross Blue Sheild of Michigan, all markets/cooking demo sponsor for all markets
- Michigan Restaurant Association, all markets
- Physicians Health Plan, all markets
- Costco Wholesale, August and September markets
- McLaren, August market
- Capitol Region International Airport, July market
- Foster and Swift, August market
- MSU Center for Regional Food Systems, all markets
- Greenstone Farm Credit Services, all markets
- Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, Michigan Department of Environmental Quality, Michigan Department of Natural Resources, all markets
- Michigan Farm Bureau, all markets
- Advanced Insurance Markets, September market
Vendor applications and applications from non-profit participants are now closed. Vendor applications are open annually to members of the Michigan Farmers Market Association (MIFMA) from April 1 to May 1.
Please contact MIFMA at 517-432-3381 if you have any questions about participating in the market(s).
Parking Downtown: Public parking is available downtown Lansing in parking structures and along streets at parking meters. Parking structures are located at the corners of Washtenaw and Townsend, Kalamazoo and Capitol, Ottawa and Grand and Shiawassee and Capitol.
Public transportation is available in the Lansing area from the Capitol Area Transportation Authority (CATA). Visit www.cata.org for route maps and bus station locations.