Thank you for your interest in joining MIFMA and becoming part of the statewide network of farmers markets, market managers, farmers and vendors and local food enthusiasts. Click here to Join Now or scroll to the bottom of the page to read more.
- Reduced Rates. Receive reduced rates at MIFMA educational programs and events. See our Events for upcoming opportunities.
- Special Offers. Members-only offers and reduced rates on MIFMA Rapid Market Assessments and market evaluation services.
- Voting Privileges. Active farmers market and farmer/vendor members have the opportunity to elect the Board of Directors and vote on other issues that may come before the membership.
- Policy Voice. MIFMA advocates for state and federal policies that support farmers markets. Each year our MIFMA Advocacy Committee takes a leadership role in developing our MIFMA Advocacy Priorities.
- Up-to-date Information. Receive information on all Michigan farmers market happenings through our lively farmers market listserv.
- Promotion. All farmers market members receive an enhanced listing on our Find a Farmers Market feature.
- Networking. Join the community of MIFMA members dedicated to the mission of advancing Michigan farmers markets. Learn from other members through networking and peer-to-peer learning opportunities.
- Technical Assistance Services. Access to a volunteer team of farmers market practitioners (MIFMA Board, staff and committee members) to answer your questions.
- Taste the Local Difference Partnership The Michigan Farmers Market Association (MIFMA) and Taste the Local Difference (TLD) have a long history of supporting the local food community in Michigan. Since 2017, the organizations have offered exchange service benefits, providing even more support to the state’s local farms and farmers markets. Participating members/partners of either organization receive reduced rates on services from the other. MIFMA members receive a 15% discount on Taste the Local Difference marketing services, including listings in the Local Food Guide. TLD Partners receive discounted MIFMA member rates for educational sessions, workshops, and the annual Michigan Farmers Market Conference. This exchange allows more Michigan farms and farmers markets to benefit from the expertise and support of these two organizations. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for more information
- Farmers Market Coalition Partnership Members of MIFMA now have access to a complimentary membership to the Farmers Market Coalition.
- Farm Bureau Insurance Get a discount on your auto and/or Country Estate or Farm Policy, effective on new policies or existing policies upon renewal.
A farmers market is defined as a venue where multiple farmers come together to sell their products to the public. Dues for farmers markets as an entity are determined on a sliding scale based on the average total number of farmers and vendors that sell at the farmers market during peak season. The number should be determined from the previous year’s farmer and vendor attendance.
|First year markets and markets with less than 9 farmers and vendors||$75|
|10-25 farmers and vendors||$150|
|26-75 farmers and vendors||$250|
|76+ farmers and vendors||$350|
|Farmers and Vendors|
|Farmers or vendors who sell at farmers markets||$50|
|Farmers or vendors who sell at MIFMA member markets||$30|
|Friends of MIFMA|
|Organizations or business||$100|
|Individual or household||$30|
You may also download and mail our MIFMA Membership Form if you wish to pay by check.
MIFMA Mission: The Michigan Farmers Market Association advances farmers markets to create a thriving marketplace for local food and farm products.
MIFMA Vision: The Michigan Farmers Market Association places farmers markets at the forefront of the local food movement and works to ensure all residents have access to healthy, locally grown food and that Michigan farmers markets receive policy support.
Refund Policy: MIFMA does not refund membership fees.