Thank you for your interest in joining MIFMA and becoming part of the statewide network of farmers markets, market managers, farmers and vendors and local food enthusiasts. Click here to Join Now or scroll to the bottom of the page to read more.
MIFMA has recently partnered with Small Business Association of Michigan (SBAM), and being a MIFMA member (at the Farmers Market or Farmer/Vendor Member levels) means access to all member benefit services provided by SBAM. Click here to learn more about benefits provided by SBAM that include HR & Compliance, Information Technology, Sales & Marketing, Benefits & Insurance, Operations, Legal Services and Accounting & Finance.
- Small Business Association of Michigan (SBAM). Full partnership benefits.
- Reduced Rates. Receive reduced rates at MIFMA educational programs and events. See our Events for upcoming opportunities.
- Liability Insurance. Auto-Owners Liability Insurance.
- Special Offers. Members-only offers and reduced rates on MIFMA Rapid Market Assessments and market evaluation services.
- Voting Privileges. Active farmers market and farmer/vendor members have the opportunity to elect the Board of Directors and vote on other issues that may come before the membership.
- Policy Voice. MIFMA advocates for state and federal policies that support farmers markets. Each year our MIFMA policy committee takes a leadership role in developing our MIFMA 2016 Policy Priorities.
- Up-to-date Information. Receive information on all Michigan farmers market happenings through our lively farmers market listserv.
- Promotion. All farmers market members receive an enhanced listing on our Find a Farmers Market feature.
- Networking. Join the community of MIFMA members dedicated to the mission of advancing Michigan farmers markets. Learn from other members through networking and peer-to-peer learning opportunities.
- Technical Assistance Services. Access to a volunteer team of farmers market practitioners (MIFMA Board, staff and committee members) to answer your questions.
A farmers market is defined as a venue where multiple farmers come together to sell their products to the public. Dues for farmers markets as an entity are determined on a sliding scale based on the average total number of farmers and vendors that sell at the farmers market during peak season. The number should be determined from the previous year’s farmer and vendor attendance.
|First year markets and markets with less than 9 farmers and vendors||$75|
|10-25 farmers and vendors||$150|
|26-75 farmers and vendors||$250|
|76+ farmers and vendors||$350|
|Farmers and Vendors|
|Farmers or vendors who sell at farmers markets||$50|
|Farmers or vendors who sell at MIFMA member markets||$30|
|Friends of MIFMA|
|Organizations or business||$100|
|Individual or household||$30|
You may also download and mail our MIFMA Membership Form if you wish to pay by check.
MIFMA Mission: The Michigan Farmers Market Association advances farmers markets to create a thriving marketplace for local food and farm products.
MIFMA Vision: The Michigan Farmers Market Association places farmers markets at the forefront of the local food movement and works to ensure all residents have access to healthy, locally grown food and that Michigan farmers markets receive policy support.
Refund Policy: MIFMA does not refund membership fees.