The Market Manager Certificate Program is a voluntary program designed to encourage farmers market managers to pursue leadership skills and professional development in topics essential to market management. Market managers will be recognized with a certificate upon completion of the full program. This certificate offers acknowledgment to market organizers and vendors that the market manager is a trained professional.
Donate or apply to the Julia A. Darnton MMCP Scholarship FundClick here for more information or call the office at (517) 432-3381.
Sponsor the Market Manager Certificate Program
For more information, visit mifma.org/sponsor or call the office at 517-432-3381.
The full program includes 3 in-person sessions and 7 webinars for a total of 32 educational hours. During the in-person sessions, speakers will present live from the main location, and their presentation will be live streamed to any satellite locations. For a complete list of the program’s learning objectives, view the program brochure.
Program Dates & Times:
The program runs annually from January through February beginning with 2 consecutive days of in-person sessions. The 7 webinars are spread across the next month and are streamed live on weekday evenings. Final program presentations conclude the certification process with one last in-person session.
2019 Program Cost:
- $300 full program registration fee for MIFMA members and Ohio Farmers’ Market Management Network (Includes In-person Sessions and all webinars)
- $20 webinar registration fee for MIFMA members and members of the Taste the Local Difference
- $50 webinar registration fee for non-members
- Scholarships may be available to full program participants
Certification Requirements: Certificates will be awarded to individuals who complete the full program including:
- Attending all in-person training sessions
- Completing all webinars
- Completing all course assignments
- Delivering a peer-to-peer presentation during the closing session and providing feedback to others
Are you already a Certified Market Manager? Learn about Continuing Education opportunities.
Your registration fee is fully refundable up to 14 days prior to the event. No refunds will be given after that date.