The Market Manager Certificate Program is a voluntary program designed to encourage farmers market managers to pursue leadership skills and professional development in topics essential to market management. Market managers will be recognized with a certificate upon completion of the full program. This certificate offers acknowledgment to market organizers and vendors that the market manager is a trained professional.
Registration for the full program is closed, but you can still register for individual webinars until 9 a.m. the morning of each.
Program Dates & Times: The 2017 Market Manager Certificate Program will consist of three in-person sessions and seven webinars.
- February 10 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST, all locations
- February 11 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. EST, all locations
- Michigan: March 7 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. EST, during the annual Michigan Farmers Market Conference. Please note that the first day of the conference, March 7, is included in your MMCP registration costs; individuals interested in also attending the second day on March 8 will need to register for “Wednesday only” by clicking here.
Indiana: To be determined
Webinars: February 13, 15, 17, 20, 22, 27 and March 1, from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. EST (except the Indiana State-Specific Licensing, Regulations & Food Assistance Programs webinar, which is February 22 from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. EST)
- MSU Tollgate Education Conference Center, 28115 Meadowbrook Rd, Novi, MI
- University Center, 80 Livingston Blvd, Gaylord, MI
- Indiana State Fairgrounds, Discovery Hall, Suite 201, 1202 E 38th St, Indianapolis, IN
- Download the 2017 Market Manager Certificate Program brochure to see sessions and descriptions
- See the individual webinar sessions and descriptions
** Registration for each webinar closes the morning of at 9:00 a.m. EST. Check-in begins 5 minutes prior to webinar sessions.
Registration Deadline: Registration for the full program closed on February 1 at 9 a.m., and registration for individual webinars closes at 9 a.m. the morning of that webinar.
2017 Program Sponsors:
Become a Sponsor! Learn about how sponsoring one or more of MIFMA’s professional development opportunities can help you reach event attendees and support MIFMA’s mission to create a thriving marketplace for local food and farm products. Click here to learn more about sponsorship opportunities.
- $300 full program registration fee for MIFMA members and members of Illinois and Hoosier Farmers Market Associations
- $20 webinar registration fee for MIFMA members, members of the Illinois and Hoosier Farmers Markets Associations, and members of the Farmers Market Coalition
- $50 webinar registration fee for non-members
Certification Requirements: Certificates will be awarded to individuals who complete the full program including:
- Attending all three in-person training sessions
- Completing all seven webinar trainings
- Completing three course assignments
- Delivering a peer-to-peer presentation during the closing session and providing feedback to others
Indianapolis, Indiana: Sleep Inn & Suites, 1244 West 16th Street, Indianapolis, IN 317-653-1854
Gaylord, Michigan: Baymont Inn and Suites, 510 South Wisconsin Avenue, Gaylord, MI 989-731-6331