The Market Manager Certificate Program is a voluntary program designed to encourage farmers market managers to pursue leadership skills and professional development in topics essential to market management. Market managers will be recognized with a certificate upon completion of the full program. This certificate offers acknowledgment to market organizers and vendors that the market manager is a trained professional.
The full program includes 3 in-person sessions and 7 webinars for a total of 32 educational hours. During the in-person sessions, speakers will present live from the Kalamazoo location, and their presentation will be live streamed to all satellite locations.
Program Dates & Times:
- In-person Dates: Friday & Saturday, January 19 & 20 and Saturday, February 17, 2018
- Webinar Dates: January 22, 24, 29 & 31 and February 5, 7 & 12, 2018
Register for this year’s webinar series
Certification Requirements: Certificates will be awarded to individuals who complete the full program including:
- Attending all in-person training sessions
- Completing all webinars
- Completing all course assignments
- Delivering a peer-to-peer presentation during the closing session and providing feedback to others
- $300 full program registration fee for MIFMA members
- $20 webinar registration fee for MIFMA members and members of the Farmers Market Coalition
- $50 webinar registration fee for non-members
Already a Certified Market Manager? Learn about Continuing Education opportunities.