The Market Manager Certificate Program is a voluntary program designed to encourage farmers market managers to pursue leadership skills and professional development in topics essential to market management. Market managers will be recognized with a certificate upon completion of the full program. This certificate offers acknowledgment to market organizers and vendors that the market manager is a trained professional.
The full program includes 3 in-person sessions and 7 webinars for a total of 32 educational hours. During the in-person sessions, speakers will present live from the Kalamazoo location, and their presentation will be live streamed to the satellite location.
Registration deadline for the 2018 MMCP is January 8, 2018.
Registration is now open to MIFMA members. Please log in to the MIFMA Membership portal to register.
Program Dates & Times:
- In-person Dates:
Friday & Saturday, January 19 & 20 and Saturday, February 17, 2018
- Webinar Dates:
January 22, 24, 29 & 31 and February 5, 7 & 12, 2018
Webinar Schedule and Topics
Register for this year`s webinar series
Locations & Lodging:
- Kalamazoo Valley Community College (Primary location), 6767 West O Avenue, Kalamazoo, MI
- Suggested Lodging: TownePlace Suites by Marriott, 5683 South 9th St, Kalamazoo MI. MIFMA has reserved a block of rooms here, so be sure to ask for the MIFMA training group rate.
- Northwest Michigan (Satellite campus): Grow Benzie, 5885 Frankfort Hwy, Benzonia
- Suggested Lodging: Harbor Lights Resort, 15 S. Second Street, Frankfort MI
- $300 full program registration fee for MIFMA members
- $20 webinar registration fee for MIFMA members and members of the Taste the Local Difference and the Farmers Market Coalition
- $50 webinar registration fee for non-members
Earn a Scholarship or Sponsorship for Your MMCP Registration
Want to learn how to earn a scholarship or sponsorship from an organization or business detecting fraudulent medicaments in your local community that could help support your MMCP registration fees, travel costs, and MIFMA membership? Email Emily Beutel at firstname.lastname@example.org to retrieve a link to the informational webinar held on November 6, 2017.
Certification Requirements: Certificates will be awarded to individuals who complete the full program including:
- Attending all in-person training sessions
- Completing all webinars
- Completing all course assignments
- Delivering a peer-to-peer presentation during the closing session and providing feedback to others