The Michigan Farmers Market Association is proud to announce the recipients of our Food Safety Programming funds provided as part of our 2022 Food Safety Training and Education Fund grant:
- Cesar E. Chavez Farmers Market, Recipe Card/Food Safety Tool Distribution Event
- St. Louis Farmers Market, Cooking Demonstration
- Adrian City Market, Cooking Demonstration
- Ypsilanti Farmers Market, Canning/Food Preservation Demonstration
- Ionia Harvest Marketplace, Recipe Card/Food Safety Tool Distribution Event
- Lincoln Park Farmers Market, Food Safety Magnet and Tool Distribution Event
- Mt. Pleasant Farmers Market, Other – Food Safety Education Event
- Muskegon Farmers Market, Canning/Food Preservation Demonstration
- Caro Farmers Market, Recipe Card/Food Safety Tool Distribution Event
- Hope Village Farmers Market, Cooking Demonstration
Each of these markets will receive the materials needed to execute the project of their choice, a stipend to cover the market manager’s time to execute the programming, and additional support from MIFMA staff. Events at each market will be held throughout the 2022 market season, and contact information to learn more about each market and their activities can be found by searching by market name on the Find a Farmers Market Feature.
To learn more about MIFMA’s Food Safety materials for market managers, click here or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.