MIFMA’s Farm-based Education Program includes on-farm field days, webinars, farming-focused videos and educational field guides. Each year, we work with partners and sponsors to host events and to increase the number of farm-based educational materials available to our members. See our events tab for a full listing of upcoming events. Please become a MIFMA member to receive full access.
Become a Sponsor! Learn about how sponsoring one or more of MIFMA’s professional development opportunities can help you reach event attendees and support MIFMA’s mission to create a thriving marketplace for local food and farm products. Click here to learn more about sponsorship opportunities.
Check out this video developed on Hoophouse Winter Cover, or download the two-page Field Guide! We are looking forward to developing more farm-based educational opportunities at MIFMA. Become a member today to get involved!
MIFMA Farm-Based Education Field Guides
These two-page Field Guides accompany each of the educational videos.
- Hoophouse Internal Winter Cover Field Guide
- Soil Blocking for Transplants Field Guide
- Direct Seeding with a Tractor-Mounted Seeder Field Guide
- Hoophouse Soil Preparation Field Guide
- Stringing Peppers Field Guide
- Drip Irrigation Basics for Hoophouse Production Field Guide
- SharKar Farm’s Family Farm Labor Resource Guide