About the Job
Grandmont Rosedale Development Corporation
- Weekly set-up of vendor canopy tents, tables, and chairs.
- Weekly teardown of vendor canopy tents, tables, and chairs.
- Securing tents to ground with weights, bricks, and/or stakes.
- Directing volunteers during set-up and teardown
- Organization and inventory of storage pod and market materials
- Setting up lawn chairs and outdoor games
- Inventory reports to Market Manager
- Must be able to lift and carry 10X10ft canopy tents, folding chairs, and tables. (25+lbs.)
- 18 years or older
- Good with people and can work efficiently
- Availability of 5-8 hours per week on Thursdays June 22nd 2023 until October 12th, 2023.
- Strong organizational skills
Job Type: Seasonal/Part Time. This position is per diem meaning you will be paid per day. There are 20 days total throughout the season. Hours of work are Thursday’s June 22nd –October 12th, 3:30pm-8:30pm (5-8 hours)
About the Employer
Grandmont Rosedale Development Corporation (GRDC) is a non-profit community development corporation working to preserve and improve the Grandmont Rosedale community of northwest Detroit through community and economic development. GRDC facilitates the Northwest Detroit Farmers’ Market (NWDFM) each summer to provide the neighborhoods with fresh produce and goods.
The Northwest Detroit Farmers’ Market (NWDFM) is an open-air market with the mission to improve access to locally grown, raised and processed products within the Grandmont Rosedale community. Grandmont Rosedale consist of five (5) unique neighborhoods – Minock Park, Grandmont, Grandmont #1, Rosedale Park, and North Rosedale Park. Each year, the market is held on Thursdays from June – October and enjoys attendance by thousands of attendees every season.
GRDC is currently seeking candidates for the position of Assistant Market Manager (AMM). The Assistant Market Manager (AMM) will aid in the market’s success by supporting the logistics and operations of the market. The AMM will report and take direction from the Market Manager.
How To Apply
To be considered for the position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by May 12th, 2023.