The 2017 Michigan Farmers Market Conference will be held on Tuesday, March 7 and Wednesday, March 8 at the Plant and Soil Sciences Building on the campus of Michigan State University in East Lansing, MI. Registration is now open!
The two-day conference features three tracks and a total of 15 educational sessions led by experts in farmers market management and agriculture:
- Beginning Market Managers
- Advanced Market Managers
- Farmers and Vendors
Each track builds on the information that attendees found helpful at the prior year’s conference while providing up-to-date information on timely topics related to farmers market management and/or marketing. See the Conference Program with sessions, descriptions and speakers.
MIFMA members receive a 50% discount on the full-day conference registration as part of their membership benefits and pay $100 for the full conference or $75 for one day only (or $75 for the full conference and $35 for one day only for MIFMA student members). Non-members will pay $200 for the full conference or $100 for one day only.
Register now! The deadline for registration is February 27, 2017.
Become a Sponsor! Learn about how sponsoring one or more of MIFMA’s professional development opportunities can help you reach conference attendees and support MIFMA’s mission to create a thriving marketplace for local food and farm products. Click here to learn more about sponsorship opportunities.
The Michigan Farmers Market Conference is held during Agriculture and Natural Resources (ANR) Week at Michigan State University. During this week, the Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center offers reduced room rates. For more information, visit the ANR Week website.
Alternative lodging suggestions include three hotels located off of 127 at the Lake Lansing Road exit in Lansing, MI. These hotels include: Courtyard Lansing Marriott, Holiday Inn Express, and Hampton Inn.
2017 Michigan Farmers Market Conference Sponsors
2016 Conference Highlights:
- More than 180 participants attended the conference, which included staff, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors and registrants.
- MIFMA held its annual meeting the morning on Wednesday, March 9. Four new members were added to the Board of Directors for a total of 11 members.
- 15 breakout sessions were held throughout the two-day conference, 6 sessions were held on Tuesday and 9 on Wednesday.
- 5 breakout sessions were held for each of the 3 tracks: Beginning Market Managers, Advanced Market Managers, and Farmers/Vendors.
- MIFMA held the first ever “Conference Social” with 41 individuals in attendance, which provided additional networking opportunities for conference attendees in a relaxed and casual environment.