New site applications are now available for the Double Up Food Buck Programs at Farmers Markets and with Direct Marketing Sites. Please use the links below to submit your site application.
From farms to families, Fair Food Network (FFN) connects people to the power of food to grow community health and wealth. Our signature program, Double Up Food Bucks, serves as a national model for healthy food incentives by doubling the buying power of SNAP recipients, helping families bring home more fruits and vegetables while boosting business for local farmers. Through Fair Food Fund, our impact investing arm, we invest in early stage-entrepreneurs who are strengthening communities and local economies through food. Together, we are pioneering and proving innovations that can be owned locally and scaled nationally, for lasting change in communities across the country. The Double Up program provides Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) beneficiaries with a one-to-one match to purchase healthy, locally grown fruits and vegetables at participating locations.
Application Process for Farmers Markets
For the purpose of this application, FFN defines a farmers markets as a site where locally grown fruits and vegetables are direct marketed to customers and where site administrators reimburse individual vendors for food assistance sales.
Farmers Market Application Link – (The application is now closed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate your interest in the 2021 season).
Applications are due by 5 pm on January 31st, 2020
Farmers markets that participated during the 2019 season do NOT need to reapply.
Please contact MIFMA at 517-432-3381 with any questions about applying.
Program Requirements for Farmers Markets:
To qualify to participate in the Double Up program, farmers markets must:
- Be able to accept SNAP benefits- If your market does not yet accept SNAP, MIFMA offers a series of resources to help you get started. Visit http://mifma.org/snap/ to learn more.
- Have a SNAP Permit number from USDA Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) by January 31, 2019
- Demonstrate sufficient organizational capacity to handle the associated accounting and reporting
- Have written support to participate in the program from their governing and/or fiscal organization (if different from the market operations organization)
- Have a designated market manager or staff person responsible for Double Up implementation
Priority will be given to markets who:
- Have demonstrated experience accepting SNAP benefits (minimum one season of experience is preferred)
- Are providing increased access to fresh fruits and vegetable for low-income consumers in communities not currently being served by the Double Up program
For Direct Marketing Sites
If you represent a farm stand, food share program, or CSA that has direct-to-consumer sales you can submit your application at the link below.
Direct Marketing Site Application – (The application is now closed, please email email@example.com to indicate your interest in the 2021 season).
Applications are due no later than 5 pm on January 31st, 2020.
Please contact MIFMA for any application questions or corrections 517-432-3381 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org