The Market Manager Certificate Program is a voluntary program designed to encourage farmers market managers to pursue leadership skills and professional development in topics essential to market management. Market managers will be recognized with a certificate upon completion of the full program. This certificate offers acknowledgment to market organizers and vendors that the market manager is a trained professional.
Registration for our 2020 Market Manager Certificate Program is now closed.
The full program includes 3 in-person sessions and 7 webinars for a total of 32 educational hours. During the in-person sessions, speakers will present live from the main location, and their presentation will be live streamed to any satellite locations. For a complete list of the program’s learning objectives, view the program brochure.
Program Dates & Times:
The program runs annually from January through February beginning with 2 consecutive days of in-person sessions. The 7 webinars are spread across the next month and are streamed live on weekday evenings. Final program presentations conclude the certification process with one last in-person session.
Wayne State University Services Building
5454 Cass Ave
Detroit, MI 48202
Waishkey Bay Farm
10135 West Mills Road
Brimley, MI 49715
2020 Program Cost:
- $300 full program registration fee for MIFMA members (Includes In-person Sessions and all webinars)
- $20 webinar registration fee for MIFMA members and members of the Taste the Local Difference
- $50 webinar registration fee for non-members
- Scholarships may be available to full program participants
Certification Requirements: Certificates will be awarded to individuals who complete the full program including:
- Attending all in-person training sessions
- Completing all webinars
- Completing all course assignments
- Delivering a peer-to-peer presentation during the closing session and providing feedback to others
Are you already a Certified Market Manager? Learn about Continuing Education opportunities.
Your registration fee is fully refundable up to 14 days prior to the event. No refunds will be given after that date.
Donate to the Julia A. Darnton MMCP Scholarship Fund
The application window for the 2020 Julia A. Darnton MMCP Scholarship has closed. For more information and to donate to the fund, click here.