MIFMA’s Farm-based Education Program includes on-farm field days, webinars, farming-focused videos and educational field guides. Each year, we work with partners and sponsors to host events and to increase the number of farm-based educational materials available to our members. See our events tab for a full listing of upcoming events. Please become a MIFMA member to receive full access.
Join us for our 2020 Virtual Farm Field Days! For a complete list of upcoming events, click here.
Become a Sponsor! Learn about how sponsoring one or more of MIFMA’s professional development opportunities can help you reach event attendees and support MIFMA’s mission to create a thriving marketplace for local food and farm products. Click here to learn more about sponsorship opportunities.
Check out this video developed on Hoophouse Winter Cover, or download the two-page Field Guide! We are looking forward to developing more farm-based educational opportunities at MIFMA. Become a member today to get involved!
MIFMA Farm-Based Education Field Guides
These two-page Field Guides accompany each of the educational videos.
- Hoophouse Internal Winter Cover Field Guide
- Soil Blocking for Transplants Field Guide
- Direct Seeding with a Tractor-Mounted Seeder Field Guide
- Hoophouse Soil Preparation Field Guide
- Stringing Peppers Field Guide
- Drip Irrigation Basics for Hoophouse Production Field Guide
- SharKar Farm’s Family Farm Labor Resource Guide
- Birch Point Farm’s Labor Considerations for CSA Models Resource Guide
- Faivor Fresh Produce’s Balancing Farm and Off-Farm Work Resource Guide
- Faivor Fresh Produce Virtual Farm Field Day: Balancing Farm and Off-Farm Work
- Tantré Farm’s Students and Internships on the Farm Resource Guide
- Tantré Farm Virtual Field Day: Students and Internships on the Farm
- Seeds & Spores Family Farm’s Diversifying Labor: Production Skills vs. Marketing Skills Resource Guide